Feb 1, 2008, 2:54 PM EDT
What is a Wing Bowl without passed out drunks at 9 a.m. and flashed nasty stripper boobs on the Wachovia Center big screen? Well fret not, those things are likely to stay the same until the end of time. But one thing that will change about Wing Bowl this year is the absence of professional eaters like defending champion Joey Chestnut.
Spurred by the 25,000 fans who attended last year, "this year we have
decided to do something dramatic about Wing Bowl," Cataldi said to
cohost Al Morganti, "This year, Al, we are going back to the roots of
"We got rid of all the pros that came in from out of town," said
Morganti, who came up with Wing Bowl so frustrated Eagles fans could
have some fun during Super Bowl week. "We decided to make it all
Philadelphia and go neighborhood."
So there you have it. This should make the action a little more competitive and, uh… exciting? But yes, there will be beer and strippers.
That seems to be all that really matters.
>>Only local amateurs allowed [Inquirer]
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money