Feb 1, 2008, 2:54 PM EDT
What is a Wing Bowl without passed out drunks at 9 a.m. and flashed nasty stripper boobs on the Wachovia Center big screen? Well fret not, those things are likely to stay the same until the end of time. But one thing that will change about Wing Bowl this year is the absence of professional eaters like defending champion Joey Chestnut.
Spurred by the 25,000 fans who attended last year, "this year we have
decided to do something dramatic about Wing Bowl," Cataldi said to
cohost Al Morganti, "This year, Al, we are going back to the roots of
"We got rid of all the pros that came in from out of town," said
Morganti, who came up with Wing Bowl so frustrated Eagles fans could
have some fun during Super Bowl week. "We decided to make it all
Philadelphia and go neighborhood."
So there you have it. This should make the action a little more competitive and, uh… exciting? But yes, there will be beer and strippers.
That seems to be all that really matters.
>>Only local amateurs allowed [Inquirer]
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return