Feb 17, 2007, 6:45 AM EST
In the span of about 15 minutes, after leaving Elton John’s Red Piano concert at Caesar’s, we bumped into Dr. J. with Bill Russell, Bill Lambier, and the drunkest of the bunch, Bill Walton. The Doc and Russell were leaving the Elton John show outside of Caesar’s Coliseum just minding their business. Noteworthy: the acquaintances that the Doc had on his arm couldn’t have been older than mid twenties. Great work. Bill Lambier was HUGE.
While sitting on the strip outside of Caesar’s enjoying a beer around midnight, a wobbly 7 foot man comes strolling down the sidewalk looking rather lost. Bill Walton was doing the same exact thing I was doing on Friday night, boozing and wandering the strip. But, at least I wasn’t alone (Update: someone tells us that the short lady is Bill’s wife, so maybe he wasn’t alone, but he certainly was wandering off by himself) and had my cohort Fun Mike to badger the NBA legend with questions. "Are you Bill Walton from the NBA?" … no response. "Bill! I’m a big fan!" … no verbal response but some sort of thumbs up was given. The NBA legend seemed toasted and appeared to have no real good idea where he was going. The big man was certainly throwing it down on Friday night in Vegas.
I can’t recollect exactly what Fun Mike is saying to Walton in the below photo, but I’m guessing it was something like, "What Dude!? Unbroken Chain from the Spectrum in ’95 was awesome!"
Day 1 of our Vegas adventure was sick. We hit up the Celebrity game, Jam Session, Elton John, etc.
The Celebrity game was rather lackluster, except for Reggie Bush, who showed he can ball a little by hitting some three pointers from almost half court. The celebrity game could be summarized with a single image: Bobby Flay being guarded by Carrot Top.
Other celeb sightings on Friday included Dominique Wilkons, Jason Kidd, Sir Charles, John Starks, BJ Armstrong, etc. I’ve got plenty more pictures that need to be uploaded.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages