Jan 11, 2009, 4:18 PM EDT
Reminiscent of Emmitt Smith being stuffed twice on fourth down at the Vet in 1995, the Eagles won this game by stuffing the Giants on 4th and short on two separate occasions. Broderick Bunkley and Mike Patterson came up huge as the Birds defense put in another brilliant performance.
I can really get used to this beating New York thing. Thanks, Eli.
The Eagles are heading to Glendale to play in the NFC Championship game next Sunday. Let that one sink in for a minute.
Donovan McNabb may have acted like a moron on the final drive when he picked up the phone on the Giants sideline, but if you go into Giants Stadium and beat the number one ranked team in the NFC, you can smile and act goofy all you want.
While the Birds defense shined, the offense stepped up and made enough plays to put points on the board. Kudos all around.
Programming note: FOX’s game feed went bonkers with three minutes left in the game and decided to show that stupid Kung Pao chicken Verizon commercial. Please stop doing that, even if it is a Chinese delicacy.
images via Yahoo!
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money