Jan 27, 2006, 10:35 AM EDT
The Beerleaguer caught up with the Phillies on their winter tour and got to chat with Charlie Manuel and Pat Gillick. His impressions of Charlie were great while his take on Pat Gillick wasn’t all roses. J. Weitzel spoke to Manuel for about 15 minutes and will be posting audio of the interview at some point.
Go check out a bloggers take on meeting Charlie and Pat, as well as brief mentioning of Flash Gordon and Aaron "nobody can get my friggin last name right" Rowand. Gillick doesn’t seem to think the Phillies have a shot at being a Cinderella team this year. I always thought people in GM positions at least have to lie and say they do. As the Beerleaguer would say, guess not.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return