Mar 17, 2008, 3:50 PM EDT
Ken Mandel is the Phillies beat reporter for MLB.com and he answered a bunch of questions in his latest mailbag, including one about the Phillies’ new closer Brad Lidge:
Q. What song will Brad Lidge come out to? I think he should come out to
"Wild Thing," like Charlie Sheen did as Rick Vaughn in "Major League."
I’m surprised no one has done that yet.
– Matthew N., St. Johnsville, N.Y.
A. Lidge said recently that he’s leaning toward Drowning Pool’s "Soldiers"
over another of their songs, "Bodies." I’m not hip enough to be
familiar with either song, but I heard them thanks to YouTube.
"Soldiers" has sirens in the beginning, and could sound cool if it were
blaring from the Citizens Bank Park speakers.
I can’t imagine someone who once lost his closer job due to control problems ever using the song "Wild Thing", especially on a team that lost a World Series because of a walkoff home run off a pitcher nicknamed "Wild Thing". Matthew N, that’s either a poorly crafted joke or the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on MLB.com. And that’s saying a lot.
As for this Drowning Pool band, my associate Camp Tiger Claw tells me that "Bodies" is a nu metal song where the gentleman chants "Let the bodies hit the floor". I think I recall hearing this once at the Jersey Shore, blaring out of stereo speakers behind the Frog Bog. Classy.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money