Mar 17, 2008, 3:50 PM EST
Ken Mandel is the Phillies beat reporter for MLB.com and he answered a bunch of questions in his latest mailbag, including one about the Phillies’ new closer Brad Lidge:
Q. What song will Brad Lidge come out to? I think he should come out to
"Wild Thing," like Charlie Sheen did as Rick Vaughn in "Major League."
I’m surprised no one has done that yet.
– Matthew N., St. Johnsville, N.Y.
A. Lidge said recently that he’s leaning toward Drowning Pool’s "Soldiers"
over another of their songs, "Bodies." I’m not hip enough to be
familiar with either song, but I heard them thanks to YouTube.
"Soldiers" has sirens in the beginning, and could sound cool if it were
blaring from the Citizens Bank Park speakers.
I can’t imagine someone who once lost his closer job due to control problems ever using the song "Wild Thing", especially on a team that lost a World Series because of a walkoff home run off a pitcher nicknamed "Wild Thing". Matthew N, that’s either a poorly crafted joke or the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on MLB.com. And that’s saying a lot.
As for this Drowning Pool band, my associate Camp Tiger Claw tells me that "Bodies" is a nu metal song where the gentleman chants "Let the bodies hit the floor". I think I recall hearing this once at the Jersey Shore, blaring out of stereo speakers behind the Frog Bog. Classy.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return