Sep 23, 2008, 5:54 PM EDT
You have to like the way things have been going the past few days with the Phils finding ways to win as the Mets and Brewers struggle. You also have to like the Phils chances tonight with Cole Hamels taking the mound facing Mike Hampton.
Charlie Manuel seems to have the right attitude heading into the game, “I think things can go our way. We got five games left. That’s what we’re looking at.” And Cole Hamels is looking to join Jamie Moyer as a 15-game winner.
The Mets certainly aren’t out of this hunt yet but the pressure is starting to mount for them with 2 full games to make up with only six days left (the Mets have six games while the Phils have 5) to play.
Metsblog isn’t freaking out just yet, “One at a time…Win tonight, get a better vibe going, and we’ll re-evaluate tomorrow – wash, rinse and repeat.” And, of course, hopefully choke.
The Mets also have to like their match up tonight with Johan Santana facing the Cubs Sean Marshall. The Brewers also face the lowly Pirates in Milwaukee.
Enjoy watching Cole and the boys attempt to pull a second straight NL East title a little closer.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money