Apr 25, 2007, 12:47 AM EDT
To be clear, I haven’t seen Sal Fasano in a while, but we’re assuming he has some nice facial hair going. Blue Jays catcher Greg Zaun has gotten banged up and Toronto has put in a call for backup.
Regardless of what type of DL stint is coming for Zaun, the Blue Jays plan on purchasing the contract of veteran catcher Sal Fasano from Triple-A Syracuse. Fasano, who signed a Minor League deal with the Jays this past winter, was hitting .297 with four home runs in 11 games for the Chiefs this year.
Mark your calenders people. The weekend of May 18th could be a triumphant return for the awesomest bad catcher in Phillies history.
>>Zaun injurs hand vs. Res Sox [MLB] hat tip to reader Andrew
>>Previously: So Long, Sal Fasano [The 700 Level]
>>Previously: Sal Fasano Doesn’t Sleep, He Waits [The 700 Level]
>>Previously: Sal’s Pals Speak [The 700 Level]
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return