Apr 25, 2007, 12:47 AM EDT
To be clear, I haven’t seen Sal Fasano in a while, but we’re assuming he has some nice facial hair going. Blue Jays catcher Greg Zaun has gotten banged up and Toronto has put in a call for backup.
Regardless of what type of DL stint is coming for Zaun, the Blue Jays plan on purchasing the contract of veteran catcher Sal Fasano from Triple-A Syracuse. Fasano, who signed a Minor League deal with the Jays this past winter, was hitting .297 with four home runs in 11 games for the Chiefs this year.
Mark your calenders people. The weekend of May 18th could be a triumphant return for the awesomest bad catcher in Phillies history.
>>Zaun injurs hand vs. Res Sox [MLB] hat tip to reader Andrew
>>Previously: So Long, Sal Fasano [The 700 Level]
>>Previously: Sal Fasano Doesn’t Sleep, He Waits [The 700 Level]
>>Previously: Sal’s Pals Speak [The 700 Level]
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money