Apr 18, 2007, 5:11 PM EDT
Todd Zolecki reports that the Phillies’ 2007 Opening Day starter has been demoted to the bullpen, where he’ll set up for Flash Gordon. Jon Lieber will replace him in the rotation.
In three starts, Myers is 0-2, with a 9.39 ERA. He has allowed 16 earned runs, with 19 strikeouts and 9 walks in 151/3 innings.
Lieber is 0-0 with an 11.57 ERA, allowing two walks with no strikeouts
in 21/3 innings in his two relief appearances this season.
Brett’s numbers have been bad in two of three starts so far, but isn’t this a little premature? I thought he was pretty good on Opening Day, and that he’s at least better than Lieber, who hasn’t exactly been lights out. Brett must have agreed to it, as he said previously he’d accept any role the team thought best. We’ll see how long that lasts. It may just be a short-term thing to try to boost Lieber’s trade value, since they obviously need help right now.
Brett Myers Named Opening Day Starter [The 700 Level]
To Brett Myers: Put That Coffee Down [The 700 Level]
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money