Mar 17, 2008, 12:08 PM EST
Philly gal Michelle and her husband Carl made the trip down to Clearwater for some Phillies spring training fun. Here’s what she had to say:
I saw a lot of Brett Myers during my recent trip to Clearwater to check out some Phillies games. Brett Myers posing for promotional photos, Brett Myers fishing in a creek alongside Brighthouse Networks Field, Brett Myers drinking a Coors Light in street clothes at Frenchy’s Tiki Bar during the 6th inning of the Phillies loss to the Yankees… wait, what, did I see him pitch? Uh, that would be a big no. But I heard he’s our starter opening day, and he’s got a 1 point something ERA so, I’ll take that!!
Just as a side note, I think he’s trying to take over (Aaron) Rowand’s role as clubhouse leader, he was acting like the freaking mayor of Brighthouse Networks Field, it just seems like (from the joke on Kyle Kendrick, etc) that he’s doing it in an intimidating way, rather than as a true leader.
Thanks, Michelle! I hope he threw the fish back and didn’t take it to a local restaurant to have it cooked up. And just to prove that she was there, here’s a photo of her getting an autograph from Mr. Myers.
|2sentz on Fan stretches (on concrete) ri…|
|Wikipedia on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Danny "Daniel" Danso… on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Jay Rosehill on Video: Flyers and Capitals eng…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return