Mar 17, 2008, 12:08 PM EDT
Philly gal Michelle and her husband Carl made the trip down to Clearwater for some Phillies spring training fun. Here’s what she had to say:
I saw a lot of Brett Myers during my recent trip to Clearwater to check out some Phillies games. Brett Myers posing for promotional photos, Brett Myers fishing in a creek alongside Brighthouse Networks Field, Brett Myers drinking a Coors Light in street clothes at Frenchy’s Tiki Bar during the 6th inning of the Phillies loss to the Yankees… wait, what, did I see him pitch? Uh, that would be a big no. But I heard he’s our starter opening day, and he’s got a 1 point something ERA so, I’ll take that!!
Just as a side note, I think he’s trying to take over (Aaron) Rowand’s role as clubhouse leader, he was acting like the freaking mayor of Brighthouse Networks Field, it just seems like (from the joke on Kyle Kendrick, etc) that he’s doing it in an intimidating way, rather than as a true leader.
Thanks, Michelle! I hope he threw the fish back and didn’t take it to a local restaurant to have it cooked up. And just to prove that she was there, here’s a photo of her getting an autograph from Mr. Myers.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money