May 20, 2005, 11:20 AM EDT
Myers let up two runs for only the second time in 9 starts; he has continued to show tremendous improvement over last year. The Phillies took the series from the Cardinals by winning yesterday’s BPS by a score of 7-4.
"He’s the real deal," St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said.
I think other than Myers, the play of the game had to be Chase "Dirt" Utley beating out an infield grounder. I love to watch Chase play, he has the hustle factor which Philly fans cherish so much. Great job by Chase.
The Phillies held up well against the Cardinals and started off their series of games against great teams well. Next its on to Baltimore to face the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Speaking of Baltimore, the700Level crew may be in attendance. Hopefully the weather will hold up. Here is an interesting article on Budweiser encouraging race goers to drink less:
Baltimore, Md 05-19-05 — The 130th running of
the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course will include a reminder for
fans to continue to act responsibly and respect the rights of others
while celebrating the second jewel in thoroughbred racing’s Triple
Crown. The Maryland Jockey Club, Anheuser-Busch wholesaler Winner
Distributing Company, Maryland Turf Caterers and the TEAM Coalition
announced today that they will implement an action plan at Pimlico Race
Course designed to encourage fans attending the Preakness to drink
responsibly and use a designated driver.
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return