Jul 24, 2006, 11:47 AM EDT
Brett Myers took the mound yesterday for the first time in Philadelphia since the incident last month in Boston. The fans reaction at the game was reportedly rather tame. This is likely due to the fact that no one wants to go watch the Phillies anymore. But some fans did come out to heckle and heckle they did. This photo from the Inquirer, while not being very eloquent, gets the message across rather nicely.
One typical moron caller to 610 WIP yesterday said he heard that Lieberthal had a plan in place if Myers got into any trouble: take a picture of Myers wife out of his pocket and place it in his catchers mitt. Damn.
-Inquirer Photos of Phillies 5 to 1 loss to Atlanta
-Most Fans Giving Myers a Second Chance [Inquirer]:
A kid in a T.O. jersey in the right-field seats was booed louder than
Myers. Third-base coach Bill Dancy drew more derision from the crowd
when he held Pat Burrell on a hit by David Bell in the second inning.
Mostly, Myers was cheered.
Well that’s pretty disappointing. Except for the booing a kid in the T.O. jersey part.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money