Mar 6, 2009, 1:20 PM EDT
We're holding our "collective sigh of relief" until we see Danny on the ice again, but the news out of Flyers camp this afternoon is encouraging.
in the second period with a groin injury, was relieved to find out this
morning that the injury is not as bad as he had feared when he left the
He will likely not play against Nashville on Saturday, but considers himself day-to-day.
Considering that this is likely a reaggravation of a previous injury, and Briere has been out for the vast majority of the season, we're still concerned about the lingering effects and his long-term prognosis. Still, it's much better news than finding out his season would be over.
Update: Andreas Nodl has been recalled from the Phantoms.
|chester on Watch Cliff Lee, who is awesom…|
|chester on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money