Apr 7, 2008, 4:45 PM EST
Cheeseboy (!) over at the DC Sports Bog has a post today titled "Caps Fans vs. Philly Fans." Steinberg takes some jabs at our loyal fanbase and then talks to former Flyer Donald Brashear about whether he’s ever witnessed any crazy activity in Philly.
"No, but you always hear about it," he said. "It’s mostly in
football. It’s not that bad, it’s just they can rock that building and
get the building going. They like the physical play and they like the
rough stuff. Philly does play physical, and they’ve always been a physical team, so we’re gonna have to be ready to play physical."
I’ll say this. I was at a Caps game on a Friday night in November and it appeared as if maybe 10,000 people were in the Verizon Center. We showed up 10 minutes before the game and sat 12 rows off the ice. Flyers fans show up every night. It’s not even worth discussing. Any city can get excited about the playoffs.
He then goes on to ponder whether DC is a "hockey town." Again, DC may be a hockey town but I’d guess it’s still a football town. But no matter what team gets the most love in DC, it’s still a second rate sports city in terms of real fans.
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages