Feb 28, 2006, 1:19 PM EDT
Chris Webber is loved in Sacramento where he played seven years of all star quality ball. In Philly, fans treat him like the overpaid player he has become. The Sixers got handled last night in Sacramento but CWebb received nice ovations from the crowd despite only scoring four points. Perhaps he spent to much time at his new restaurant, Center Court with Chris Webber, before the game.
It looks like a pretty nice spot to grab a burger and watch a game. There are even player themed tables. Any restaurant that has a table dedicated to Charles Barkley is alright in my book. Check out a video of the restaurant.
It’s a shame CWebb has turned to the downside of his career as a Sixer. He does a lot of community work and would have been accepted a whole lot more by the Philly fan base if his knees and ability weren’t so shot.
>>Video of CWebb at his new restaurant on TNT [NBA Video]
>>Center Court with Chris Webber [Center Court]
>>Jan 2006: 76ers Webber to partner in restaurant company [NBA]
>>Road remains unkind to Sixers [Inquirer]
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money