Jun 30, 2008, 3:02 AM EDT
Sir Charles was a guest on NBC10′s Sports Final last night alongside John Clark and WIP’s Anthony Gargano talking Sixers, Phillies, Eagles and more. The entire portion of the show Sir Charles was on was typical Barkley. The man is an entertainer and knows his stuff.
When it comes to the Sixers, Charles thinks Andre Iguodala’s true colors came through in the playoffs where he didn’t perform very well against legit competition. Aside from not being real high on Iguodala, Chuck isn’t in love with Josh Smith either. "Josh Smith doesn’t make them a legit contender," he says. Video below.
When asked what he would like the Sixers to do with the money, Sir
Charles says patience is the key. He’d prefer they save their cash until they develop into more of a contender and then bring in a player who can put you over the top. "If you give Josh Smith $11 million
dollars does that make you a legit contender," Charles asks.
Clearly Barkley doesn’t think so.
continues giving jabs at the current roster, "The Sixers are corning the market on guys that can’t shoot.
They need some shooters."
"If you played a zone against the Sixers, they’d probably score 60 points."
When the focus of the conversation turns to the Phils and the struggles of Ryan Howard and Chase Utley, Charles points out that Philly is always tougher on black guys. He also calls the Phillies franchise cheaper than Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. Are the world’s dominant and formerly most dominant athletes not taking Chuck out to enough dinners at The Palm?
The segment closes with Charles talking about Donovan McNabb and the Eagles and finishes with a little Howard Eskin bashing. Gotta love Sir Charles ripping on the Burger King.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return