Feb 12, 2008, 9:27 AM EDT
(Updated at the bottom)
Charles Barkley called into Jim Rome is Burning yesterday and admitted he was "drepressed" from listening to the so-called experts on ESPN, who prompted the round mound to switch his bet on the Super Bowl from the Giants to the Patriots.
That’s more than I make in a whole month!
**UPDATE** via the great SPORTSbyBROOKS, we learned that Barkley "only" lost $100,000 on the game (well, I’m assuming it’s $110,000 if you factor in the vig). In typical gambler fashion, he equated not betting the Giants on the money line (4/1) as a loss. So he didn’t actually lose 400k, he just thought he was supposed to win it. Which is basically a loss in degenerate gambler-speak. (yeah, I speak it fluent)
Context is a mutherfucker.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return