Feb 12, 2008, 9:27 AM EDT
(Updated at the bottom)
Charles Barkley called into Jim Rome is Burning yesterday and admitted he was "drepressed" from listening to the so-called experts on ESPN, who prompted the round mound to switch his bet on the Super Bowl from the Giants to the Patriots.
That’s more than I make in a whole month!
**UPDATE** via the great SPORTSbyBROOKS, we learned that Barkley "only" lost $100,000 on the game (well, I’m assuming it’s $110,000 if you factor in the vig). In typical gambler fashion, he equated not betting the Giants on the money line (4/1) as a loss. So he didn’t actually lose 400k, he just thought he was supposed to win it. Which is basically a loss in degenerate gambler-speak. (yeah, I speak it fluent)
Context is a mutherfucker.
|Henry Corbitt on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|BenE. on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Marcus Hayes on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money