Aug 3, 2006, 12:01 AM EDT
On a little infield grounder which seemed to go right back to the pitcher, Chase hustled his ass down to first base and beat out the throw from Ryan Flores. There was a brief controversy as to whether the play would be called a hit or an error. They initially gave him credit for a hit, then took it off the board, and moments later after Ryan Howard batted, Utley was awarded an infield single to push his streak to 34 games. Was it really a hit? Absolutely. The official scoring said so. 34 and counting.
Utley added another meaningless hit in the top of the 9th to end any controversy.
The game itself was crazy. The Phils jumped out to a big lead behind Brett Myers impressive early work. Myers stumbled a bit in the 7th and the Cardinals fought back. It was a back and forth battle with 24 runs scored on 30 hits combined. Jimmy Rollins went deep twice, Dellucci and Rowand added bombs, and Chris Coste came up with a big hit. Just a crazy game. Phils win 16-8.
The Phillies are inching closer to that wild card. Also, Rick White’s facial hair is horrendous.
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money