Sep 5, 2006, 12:37 AM EDT
(Because we all know Sosa, McGwire, & Bonds don’t really count.)
Boy am I happy Ryan Howard plays for the Phillies. As Angelo Cataldi puts it, "He’s not just a great story. He’s a great show, every time he comes to the plate."
If you watched the Phils at all this weekend you saw Ryan Howard put on a hell of a show. There aren’t many players I talk about and feel like I can’t find words to describe them fairly. Ryan Howard is simply incredible. Sunday he hit 3 home runs in 3 consecutive at bats in the early game of the double header. He couldn’t get the ball to leave the yard in the second game. Yesterday he hit his 53rd home run to help the Phils finally get over the Astro hump and beat Roger Clemens.
In the blink of an eye Ryan Howard has cemented himself as Philadelphia’s best athlete. Move over A.I. and McNabb, you’re in Ryan’s town now. Not only is he the best home run hitter in the game, he does it all with class and humor. Howard’s summer of 2006 will be something future baseball fans will be talking about as a thing of legend.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return