Dec 19, 2005, 9:26 AM EDT
The lede in this story is awesome:
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The battle for cheesesteak supremacy — usually
fought with beef, onions and cheese — has moved out of the kitchen and
into the courthouse.
Pat’s King of Steaks, a South Philadelphia institution since the 1930s, is suing Rick’s Steaks for trademark infringement.
Rick’s Steaks took over the spot in Ashburn Alley at Citizens Bank Park which was formerly occupied by Geno’s. In other cheesesteak news, Steve’s Prince of Steaks doesn’t appear to be an option in the Cingular Pavilion at the Wachovia Center any longer.
>>Cousins Feud in Philly Cheesesteak Suit [NYTimes]
Doesn’t the title make you picture two fat Eagles fans wrestling while wearing giant cheesesteak costumes?
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money