Jan 6, 2006, 12:43 AM EDT
After news earlier in the week that Tom Heckert had been promoted to the title of GM, news broke Thursday night that Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress is set to replace the inept Mike Tice in Minnesota. The consensus around the league and in Philly was that Childress was long overdue a head coaching position in the NFL. Eagles fans will be sad to see him go, but the true effects of the move won’t be clear till next season. The Eagles message board was flooded with disgruntled fans who dread the thought of Marty "I’d like to defer" Mornhinweg taking over Childress’ role. Big Red was the play caller all along, so I don’t see what the big deal is with the change. Who really knows what kind of role an O.C. who doesn’t call the plays has on a team.
The biggest effect of the change in my opinion is that Minnesota could emerge as a legitimate threat in the NFC now that Superbowl Scalper Tice isn’t in the picture anymore and they have a real coach at the helm.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return