Jan 8, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Everybody has an opinion on Chip Kelly. It’s safe to say he won over fans in a big way in his first year as head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. By all accounts, the future is bright for those who bleed green.
But what did his players have to say about him after one year working under the rookie NFL coach?
Plenty of good things, not surprisingly.
Sheil Kapadia of Philly Mag had the bright idea of asking a handful of Birds’ players what kind of mark Chipper made on them after his rookie campaign. The question exactly: What did Kelly do in Year One that makes you believe he can lead this franchise to greater heights going forward?
The answers are varied but a number of themes popped up repeatedly. The most popular response? Chip’s a great leader.
Some other common themes:
- his approach to the game
- comfortable environment
- a listener
- a great motivator
- does everything with a plan in mind
All of the quotes are worth a read.
>>Why they believe in Chip [Birds 24/7]
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return