Mar 4, 2009, 2:05 PM EDT
Ween played a show in Nashville on their tour last year and we're told the owner of the New Orleans Hornets showed up with his son to enjoy some Chocolate and Cheese. Being that my brother is fishing buddies with Deaner, I got a first hand report from the Ween guitarist that after hanging out and enjoying a few cold ones back in Nashville, Deaner got an open invite to come watch the Hornets play sometime. Well, New Orleans was in town to play the Sixers on Monday night and Deaner did, in fact, get the rockstar treatment down at the Wachovia Center.
For those unfamiliar, Dean is a huge Philly sports fan. The orange and black are his favorite team to watch but like many of us, he's just a big sports guy.
Two minutes after pulling up to the player's entrance and being surrounded by Escalades and Bentleys, Dean found himself sitting next to Peja Stojakovic and Tyson Chandler in the visitor's locker room. Five minutes after that, he was on the court tossing Peja loose balls as the sniper practiced from beyond the arc.
Unfortunately for us, the Sixers lost but Deaner said the obvious highlight of the night was getting to meet former Rookie of the Year, All Star, and Olympic gold medalist, Chris Paul. He says that CP3 is a "super friendly dude."
The NBA: where rockstars being smitten by Chris Paul happens.
>>Previously: Surf Fishing With Dean Ween [The700Level]
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money