Mar 14, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
From the Flyers official release, "The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that D Chris Pronger will undergo surgery on Tuesday, March 15 to repair a fracture in his right hand, according to general manager Paul Holmgren.
"Chris had a CT scan on his right hand on Sunday and a small fracture was discovered,” Holmgren said. “Our doctors believe surgery is the best route to take with the injury. Surgery will be done Tuesday morning in Cleveland by Dr. Tom Graham. Chris will be able to return to play in 3-4 weeks."
The Flyers' regular season schedule ends on April 9th, or roughly four weeks from this past Saturday. By the 3-4 week estimation he should be back for the playoffs, but not much earlier than that.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money