Jun 5, 2008, 12:31 PM EDT
While the Reds called up Homer Bailey from Triple-A to start today’s business person special at Citizens Bank Park, the Phillies will trot out the ace of their staff, Cole Hamels, to throw for the series win.
Bailey is making his first big league start of ’08 but went 4-2 with a 5.76 ERA in 2007 as a rookie with the Reds.
Homer should be a whole lot easier to get to than last night’s starter, Edinson Volquez, who simply stifled the potent Phillies line up. We don’t like that guy one bit.
Hamels needs to come up big today and bounce back from his worst outing of the year on Saturday against the Marlins. (7 runs, 8 hits in 5.2)
No word as of 12:30 whether Junior will be in the lineup, but if he is, we hope Cole strikes him out four times. It’s all business today. UPDATE: Griffey is in the line up.
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return