Jan 4, 2007, 9:40 PM EDT
Some thoughts on the second half, after the jump.
Halftime – Something about igloos and ice bergs melting.
2nd Half - The second half gets off to a great start for the Eagles with the Cowboys returning the ball to about midfield. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do this for another half.
Terrell Owens walks about 40 yards into the endzone to put the Cowboys up 28-7. T.O. proceeds to do his Eagles wing flapping TD celebration. To be honest, he was kind of prancing around while doing it. Which is weak. Nobody likes a prancing TD celebration. And nobody in Philadelphia likes Terrell Owens. Let me put this in terms you can all understand: this game sucks.
Eagles get a first down! L.J. Smith lives! On third and inches, Andy Reid calls a pass play (natch) and Donovan does a little bit of scrambling before finding L.J. A few plays later, McNabb had Smith open in the end zone but the couldn’t connect.
On third and sixteen, Donovan finds Westbrook about 5 yards down the field (natch) and the Eagles settle for a David Akers field goal. Dallas 28 Eagles 10
Movie commercial analysis: Did every single kid who was forced to read Beowulf when they were in high school absolutely despise it? I’d refuse to see the movie based of the fact it’d probably give me nightmares of Mr Roper’s English class. One good fact about Beowulf, it introduced me to the concept of mead. Anyone actually ever had mead?
Fight! YES! Break Terrell Owens ankle! Kick Tony Romo in the groin!
Jason Witten catches a touchdown on an impressive pass from Tony Romo. Will James, you didn’t look to good. 34-10 Cowboys.
And with that, our live blog will probably suck from here on out. Hey Eagles fans, you may want to send text messages to all your friends, just to make sure they don’t do anything stupid.
Correll Buckhalter fumbles on the kick off return. I’m fairly surprised the Cowboys didn’t end up with it.
I quote: "You knew this would happen. When the game starts getting out of
reach, go back to talking about Andy Reid and his family. Now, the game
At least Brian Westbrook doesn’t suck like the rest of the Eagles. He runs for a nifty little scamper for a first down.
…Running out of things to say…
Jason Witten takes a — *BOOM* /Madden — hit that forces his helmet to fly off and continues to run another 20+ yards without his helmet.
Brian Dawkins makes the first good play against Terrell Owens all day, preventing more embarrassment. The D stops Barber on third and goal. This was a vital stop, keeping the Eagles within only 4 touchdowns instead of 5.
Prediction: Kevin Kolb will replace Donovan McNabb… at some point in the future.
The Eagles convert on a 4th and five. Donovan McNabb then fails to connect with Terrence Newman on an out route. Damn people just can’t catch passes McNabb throws right to ‘em.
TOUCHDOWN HANK BASKETT! 38-17 Cowboys. Now all the Eagles have to do is execute a successful onside kick, score a touchdown, another onside kick, score a touchdown, another onside kick, score a touchdown, and it’s a tie!
Onside kick attempt fails.
Not at all shocking news of the night: Terrell Owens loves attention. Never would have guessed that one.
You know who you kind of have to feel bad for through all of this? Brian Westbrook. That guys is a beast.
And to cap off the piss poor night, Donovan finally gets a completion to Terrence Newman.
Final score: Dallas 38 Eagles 17
Are the Eagles really this bad?
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return