May 23, 2005, 3:39 PM EDT
The Phils have been playing well lately, taking the Cards series as well as the Baltimore Series, both great teams. The battle for the NL East is going to get interesting in the coming week. It all starts tonight against the Marlins and Dontrelle Willis.
I think these next two series could show us how the rest of the season will play out. If they win both series, go 4 and 6 or better, then they will be in the hunt to compete for a playoff spot all year. If they split and go 3 and 3, they will linger around for a while and eventually crumble. If they lose both series, and go below 3-3, then they will gradually spiral downward all season.
Those are my thoughts. Let’s see how the Phillies will stack up to some good pitching. It should be an interesting week.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return