Aug 23, 2006, 12:21 AM EDT
A little bit of rare Sixers news in the off season. SI.com had a note that Wagner was recently in Philly:
Dajuan Wagner had a workout with the 76ers recently at their
practice facility. The Golden State Warriors have been to Cherry Hill
to watch Wagner play. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Wagner is trying to work
his way back into the NBA after battling knee injuries and colitis over
his three-year career with the Cavaliers.
For those of you may have forgotten Wagner, Dick Jerardi did a nice piece on Wagner’s comeback earlier this month:
DAJUAN WAGNER was "The Messiah." He scored 100 in a high-school game.
He averaged 42.5 points as a senior at Camden High. He scored 3,462
points in high school, the most in New Jersey history. He scored 25
points in the McDonald’s All-American Game at Duke.
Wagner had some pretty serious health issues which would be tough for anyone to overcome. The Daily News piece tells his incredible story. He could be a big pick up for any team if he can get back to his old form.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money