Aug 23, 2006, 12:21 AM EDT
A little bit of rare Sixers news in the off season. SI.com had a note that Wagner was recently in Philly:
Dajuan Wagner had a workout with the 76ers recently at their
practice facility. The Golden State Warriors have been to Cherry Hill
to watch Wagner play. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Wagner is trying to work
his way back into the NBA after battling knee injuries and colitis over
his three-year career with the Cavaliers.
For those of you may have forgotten Wagner, Dick Jerardi did a nice piece on Wagner’s comeback earlier this month:
DAJUAN WAGNER was "The Messiah." He scored 100 in a high-school game.
He averaged 42.5 points as a senior at Camden High. He scored 3,462
points in high school, the most in New Jersey history. He scored 25
points in the McDonald’s All-American Game at Duke.
Wagner had some pretty serious health issues which would be tough for anyone to overcome. The Daily News piece tells his incredible story. He could be a big pick up for any team if he can get back to his old form.
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return