May 23, 2005, 2:48 PM EDT
I’ve heard the police have been quoted to say "we believe the entire
force is on our side, and we will pursue this Darth Vader and his
Empire to the ends of the Universe if we must. "
Darth Vader robs Illinois theater
(Springfield, Illinois-NBC) May 22, 2005 – It appears Darth Vader delivered an unwelcome show of force at an Illinois movie theater this weekend.
Police in Springfield, Illinois say a man wearing a Darth Vader mask walked into a movie theater, shoved an employee out of the way and grabbed a bunch of cash.
Investigators say the robber fled the theater and ran into a nearby wooded area. Police have no suspects.
"Star Wars: Episode Three-Revenge of the Sith" was actually one of the movies playing at the theater.
Investigators say the robber didn’t display any weapons- not even a light saber.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money