Sep 7, 2008, 10:00 AM EDT
A nice lede from a great article by Bob Brookover this morning titled “Jackson: Ego, Bravado, Talent.”
Talk to DeSean Jackson long enough and you begin to wonder if one day his head will be so big that it will no longer fit inside that giant green inflatable helmet he’ll run through this afternoon before the Eagles’ season opener against the St. Louis Rams.
Ask him if he’s better than Rams rookie Donnie Avery, who was the first receiver taken in this year’s draft, and he doesn’t hesitate with his answer.
“Come on, man,” the Eagles’ rookie said after Thursday’s practice. “No disrespect to him, but I’m putting myself up there as the best.
Love the guys confidence. I think most Eagles fans can’t wait to see this guy make some plays. Let’s hope he backs up his talk on the field. He’ll certainly get his chance today.
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Feves on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return