Apr 7, 2006, 8:36 AM EDT
Terrell Owens always claims he is misunderstood. People judge him before getting to understand the real T.O. Charlotte Observer:
But before judging the 32-year-old Owens, it helps to understand him.
To do that, you must travel 67 miles down Route 280 East from Birmingham, past Harpersville, Childersburg and Sylacauga into Alexander City – Alex City to the locals. Go past Wal-Mart and the fast-food restaurants and Russell Corp., where thick, white smoke shaped like cotton balls dots the sky most afternoons.
Travel past the tracks in the center of town where the Savannah & Memphis Railroad used to rumble and into the North Side section of town, where most of the black residents live. A little more than a mile from the railroad tracks sits a small, green house with a new porch and a gravel driveway on Emerson Street.
The Owens family no longer lives there, but inside the walls of this small house – maybe 1,200 square feet – is where Miss Alice waged war with the devil over the souls of her children and grandchildren.
Wait.. What? In order to understand T.O. we have to go to Alabama? Miss Alice waged war with the devil? Maybe that explains some things.
-T.O.’s life was pretty bad growing up [Charlotte Observer]
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money