Feb 23, 2006, 2:40 PM EDT
At St. Joseph’s. At Villanova. At No. 23 Syracuse. And, last night,
at Temple. The Dragons just keep winning the kinds of games they used
"This," coach Bruiser Flint said, "ain’t the Drexel of old."
Drexel hoops continued their impressive December last night at the Liacouras Center on Temple’s campus. The dragons beat the owls for the first time in their last 9 tries.
It was my first trip to the Liacouras Center since I saw Lamar Odom and the Rhode Island Rams play in North Philly circa 1998. There was a good crowd on hand for the game despite it being winter break for both schools. Admitedly, I’m not super familiar with either squad. Drexel’s big man was impressive inside and Temple’s shooting appeared to be really off. I don’t recall them hitting much of anything. The Liacouras Center is a great facility to catch a game at. Suites are sweet.
Also, what kind of person would wear their Terrell Owens jersey out in public in Philadelphia the week of Christmas? A hooterific video after the jump.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money