Mar 3, 2006, 4:45 PM EDT
A.J. Feeley delivers to Matt Schobel for the touchdown!
And that’s the kind of game this will likely be. We may do a mini live blog here until we leave to go get drunk and bring in the new year. So enjoy. And Congrats to the Eagles clinching the NFC East.
-The Eagles are up 10-7 and there are only 3 starters in on defense. I’m going to start drinking now.
-Buckhalter’s got a "knee strain." Buck has been playing well with the Eagles surging run game. This could be bad for the Birds in the post season.
-The backfield of Thomas Tapeh and Ryan Moats is a dangerous duo. Man, Feeley and Schobel have some nice chemistry going on. Maybe the Eagles can use this game to showcase Feeley’s talent and trade him for a second round draft pick, likely to the Dolphins.
-Start of 2nd Qtr, Eagles 10 Falcons 7: Not much game action, but I just saw this tidbit about how Jon Gruden wants Jeff Garcia to be the starting QB in Tampa Bay next season.
-Sean Considine is turning into a player. He’s made a nice open field tackle on Vick, one of the toughest guys to bring down one-on-one, and defended a number of passes nicely, just missing a pick. If he continues to get better, he could turn into a Pro Bowl caliber player. Eek! Just as a type that last sentence, Considine gets called for a personal foul. It would have been a nice sack, his hand just happened to smack Vick in the face.
- Joselio Hanson, who the ladies love, makes two great plays in a row. Also, Morton Anderson is old. Eagles 10 Falcons 10.
-Hey everybody, The Birdman is with us. He’s one of those sorry souls who has to work on New Year’s Eve. But at least he’s drinking of course!
-Reno Mahe gets a carry! Alright Reno. Man, John Abraham has a club on his arm. I don’t know how anybody plays with one of those things. That’d be like me trying to type this live blog while wearing mittens. Maybe I’ll try that.
-I actually think Troy Aikman is one of the better Fox guys. He actually speaks pretty highly of the Eagles on most occasions. And on 3rd and 34, the Eagles hold the Falcons to no gain. Falcons punt to Reno Mahe. I think the only thing that could make this game worth watching is a Reno Mahe touchdown.
-Greg Lewis! Amazing catch by GLew. I don’t know how he came down with that ball. And Thomas Tapeh drops his one chance at a touchdown.
-A.J. Feeley to Jason Avant for a score! That marks the first touchdown for Jason Avant in the NFL. Eagles 17 Falcons 10.
-The Eagles finally get to Vick and Juqua Thomas gets the sack. Where has Juqua been in recent games? Also, I just looked it up and I guessed the spelling of Juqua correctly.
-Looks like the first half will end with the Philadelphia leading Eagles 17 Falcons 10. If I’m back for the second half it will be after the jump.
Reno Mahe fumbled. And I’m done.
|Mostel on Union have real chance to make…|
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Lol on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|RightMeow on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money