Mar 21, 2007, 7:49 AM EDT
It was announced late last night that former Colts DT Montae Reagor signed a three-year, $8.25 million contract ($2 million guaranteed) with the Eagles. Reagor should provide depth on the line and be a solid rotation option, especially on passing downs. With run defense being a big problem for the Birds last year, I was a
little surprised they were targeting a pass-rush specialist, but if
he’s healthy, he’ll be a solid addition.
Reagor was not on the field for the Colts’ playoff run or Super Bowl
win last year, missing much of the season after sustaining severe
facial and head injuries in an October car accident. When free agency began, the Colts cut him in part due to salary cap reasons, but also because they were unsure about his recovery, according to Len Pasquarelli. Len also points out that it’s unlikely the Eagles can hang on to all the tackles they currently have under contract (Patterson, Walker, Raybourn, and Bunkley), so another move may be coming.
Departures: Shawn Barber signed with the Texans yesterday.
>>Len Pasquarelli: Eagles reach agreement with former Colts DE Reagor
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money