Mar 15, 2007, 5:34 PM EST
After letting Donte’ Stallworth go to the Patriots for essentially a reasonable one-year deal, the Birds have signed former Rams WR Kevin Curtis to a six-year contract worth in the ballpark of $30-33 million. The deal includes $9.5 million in guaranteed money, with another $3 million in incentives.
I’m a bit baffled as to why the Eagles would let a proven commodity in Stallworth go just to turn around and sign a decent receiver who has never been a starter, but I think Curtis could be a good fit here. He’s not just a possession receiver, he can burn and has good hands. It is a risk though, because he’s never been higher than third on the Rams depth chart (of course, he’s been playing behind two potential Hall of Famers in Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce).
Interesting fact contributed by reader Carl Jr.: Curtis has the highest Wonderlic score of any current NFL player (48 out of 50). Hope that means he can pick up the offense quickly.
The Eagles are also talking to Ron Dayne, a "change-of-pace" back who won me my fantasy league last year (but didn’t do much else). I’d rather see them get Corey Dillon, but Dayne could help on third and short and will cost less. Better than a short pass to Thomas Tapeh, anyway.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return