Aug 4, 2008, 2:50 PM EDT
An excited Jeffrey Lurie delivered his annual State of the Team Address this afternoon, and the message was very clear: the Eagles are trying to win now. "This is going for it. That’s our approach. It’s pedal-to-the-metal. That’s what every move is based on, or what every attempted move is based on, with an eye toward the present and an eye toward the future."
The Birds owner also took a series of questions about all the high profile contract disputes, defending the team’s position on signing its young players to long term deals while admitting Westbrook probably deserves a new deal. With the team an estimated $19 million under the cap and Lurie on his side, it will be a surprise if BWest goes into the regular season without a new deal. It does not sound like Lito will be so lucky.
My only gripe with the interview was Lurie concedes he is out of the loop on the Shawn Andrews situation. I honestly can’t imagine Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder not picking up the phone if this was one of their high profile players.
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money