Mar 26, 2007, 9:28 PM EDT
Filling perhaps their biggest need—outside linebacker—the Eagles have traded DT Darwin Walker and a 2008 late-round pick to the Bills for Takeo Spikes and backup QB Kelly Holcomb. Spikes is a two-time Pro Bowler, who despite some injuries, is an immediate upgrade at linebacker for the Birds, pushing Dhani Jones out of the starting lineup.
Spikes’ past injuries include an Achilles tear that ended his 2005 season and hamstring and ankle injuries last year. Most people believe he’ll be healthy when the season starts, and if so, the Eagles have really pulled off a nice deal here, since Darwin Walker became expendable when Montae Reagor was signed last week. Holcomb didn’t play last year, and I’m not sure he makes the team if Donovan McNabb recovers from the ACL in time for the season. If not, Holcomb will be a decent backup to AJ, unless he has a great preseason and challenges AJ for the interim starting job.
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money