Jan 13, 2005, 9:29 AM EDT
Donovan McNabb was bursting with confidence yesterday and says his team is ready to win. McNabb says there isn’t one player who is going to fill Owens’ shoes, but the team as a unit will make up for his absence.
Also, on today’s 610 Morning Show, Ex-Eagles QB Jaws said the Eagles will win easily against the Vikings. Jaws also ripped on his ESPN co-host Sean Salsbury about being a Viking and having "DNP" show up for seven straight years on his football cards. Jaws felt very confident that the Eagles will make it to the Superbowl this year; winning it was not going to be as easy.
"You guys said that T.O. took the pressure off me. Now I guess I got all the pressure again," McNabb said, grinning widely. "I love pressure. I love to step out there, and everyone’s just standing on their feet with their mouth wide open to try to find out what I’m going to do next. I’m pretty sure that’s the way you guys are sitting there now, to see what we’re going to do. Just buckle your seatbelts and enjoy the ride."
"I think the best is yet to come, and I don’t mean to say that in an overly confident way or a cocky way," he said. "I just feel… that with everything, the way it’s been going this year, the improvement, the development in the rest of the guys, the way we’ve been playing well together, the best is yet to come."
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money