Dec 30, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Let it never be said that Evan Turner is above a little good ol’-fashioned stat-padding. With the Sixers escaping Los Angeles in last night with what looked to be a 109-104 victory–and really, if you thought there was another Philly sporting event last night that was more of a must-watch than Spencer Hawes vs. Jordan Hill, shame on you–Evan took off in the full-court for a totally irrelevant double-clutch reverse dunk. It was beautiful, but useless, and as William Morris once said, nothing useless can be truly beautiful.
To his credit, Evan did seem to realize fairly quickly that his behavior was in moderately poor taste–although the fact might have been hard to remain ignorant of as the boos rained down on him from the Staples Center rafters. Evan at first tried to play it off like “Oh crap, I didn’t realize that we had already won the game, sorry about that”–which might have been true, given that when Evan sees a FREE POINTS lane to the basket, he tends to kinda white out time and situation and just go for the gusto–but quickly realized that kind of mea culpa would be insufficient, and approached the dispirited Laker bench (including former Sixers and ET teammates Jodie Meeks and Nick Young) to offer his sincere-ish apologies.
The reaction of the respective Laker ballers to ET’s profuse my-badding is pretty great. If I could sum up respectively, it would be like:
Jordan Hill: Whatever, I got my double-double, I just wanna get out of here and see if there are any wings left at the post-game buffet.
Shawne Williams: I don’t really know you and I don’t give enough of a crap about you to humor you by pretending to accept your BS apology.
Jodie Meeks: I half-heartedly accept your apology but mostly I’m just reminded of why I kinda like playing for a team that you’re not on right now.
Ryan Kelly: I GET TO PLAY BASKETBALL PROFESSIONALLY AND I’M MARRYING BILL COWHER’S DAUGHTER THAT’S PRETTY COOL RIGHT
Nick Young: Boy, when even I know you did something stupid, you musta really done did something stupid.
Don’t listen to the haters, though, Evan. Your fantasy owners appreciate your willingness to go the extra mile to get that extra late-game bucket. High-character stuff if you ask us.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money