May 31, 2005, 11:50 AM EDT
The D1 semi-finals were played on Saturday. The tailgate scene was strong to quite strong. The Level got involved in some hardcore beer pong at approximately 9am. Kids with lacrosse sticks everywhere and surprisingly they allowed sticks into the stadium…so far there have been no reported slashes or cross-checks from the stands. As for the games Duke ran away with the early game beating the Terps 18-9. This game was over at the half and since re-entry was allowed the second half of this game was best watched from the tailgate outside.
The second game between Hopkins and UVA was an instant classic. Hopkins had a 6-3 lead entering the fourth quarter, but Virginia scored four times to take a 7-6 lead with 4 minutes, 25 seconds left in regulation. After the Cavs’ seventh goal, a thunderstorm caused a 46-minute delay. A majority of the crowd of 45,275 waited through the delay, and the fans were awarded with a classy conclusion. Just 20 seconds after play resumed, Hopkins all-American Kyle Harrison tied the score, 7-7, on a blast from 10 yards. With the game tied Virginia held the ball for 2 minutes then called a timeout with 37 seconds left to set up a final shot. Matt Ward ripped a shot with 12.7 seconds left to give the Cavs’ a 8-7 lead and what seemed to be a trip to the Final. But the undefeated and #1 ranked Blue Jays won the face and found the back of the net with 1.4 seconds on the clock. JHU went on to win in with 50 seconds left in OT.
The D II and D III championships were held on Sunday with New York Tech beating Limestone 14-13 in OT (Division II) and Salisbury pulled out a last second 11-10 victory over Middlebury for the D III Championship.
Hopkins beat Duke on Monday 9-8 in a Championship game that lived up to the hype. Yesterday’s attendance, 44,920, set a championship-game record, breaking the previous mark, 43,898, set last year in Baltimore’s M&T Bank Stadium. Here is the recap of this game from the Inquirer.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return