Aug 16, 2006, 10:44 AM EST
An interesting piece today by Jim Salisbury telling of a confrontation last night between Charlie Manuel and Dallas Green:
Before last night’s game, after the gates had opened to fans, Green made a rare trip to the field to show some friends around.
It was the first time he and Manuel had seen each other since Green’s critical remarks.
Green craned his neck and tried to say hello to Manuel as the
skipper walked from the batting cage to the dugout. Manuel, clearly
simmering, motioned for Green to step his way.
The whole thing lasted about 60 seconds and Manuel, 62, appeared to
do all the talking. At one point, he angrily jabbed his index finger in
front of Green, still robust at age 72. Other than that, Manuel kept
his cool while delivering his message.
Alright Chuck! Nice to see a little emotion from the ostensibly aloof Manuel. Green didn’t try to sugar coat the incident saying, "It wasn’t very friendly. That’s his style. He’s got some macho to him."
I’ve criticized Charlie as much as the next guy for his managerial technique, but sometimes I think he’d be awesome to drink a beer with. He got some bonus points for showing some fire in his big belly.
-Boiling Manuel Scalds Green [Inquirer]
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return