Jul 5, 2010, 10:24 AM EST
While most of us can fight off our hangovers from a fantastic meat/booze/sun/firework-filled 4th of July weekend with the wonderful combination of water and coffee, the Phillies have a hangover of a different kind they need a cure for. They dropped three of four to the Pirates and will now follow that up with a rather large series with the division leading Braves at Citizens Bank Park.
The bad news is the Phillies are currently five games back from the division leading Braves and the Fightins are still without Chase and Polly for a number of weeks. But the good news is they will trot out the big dog tonight as Roy Halladay will attempt to help ease Phillies fans’ pain just a little bit this evening. It was not an easy weekend of baseball viewing for Phillies nation. As we all know, and Jamie Moyer helped demonstrate on Friday, your starter can throw a gem but you’re still not going to win if the bats don’t step it up a little.
If Roy can’t ease your pain this evening, maybe some morning cheerleaders attempting to save the environment can make your Monday a little brighter. [video below]
Any good weekend stories? I hung out with this lady.
|Enrico Campitelli Jr… on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|lew on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|mike on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Kunk on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return