Mar 16, 2009, 1:04 PM EDT
There was some speculation after yesterday's game, from which Braydon Coburn was ejected for "intent to injure," that Coburn would be suspended for the hit. However, it seems the league has thought better of it, according to FlyersOnTheFly, who says that he won't be suspended. Damn right.
Giving him the gate was excessive enough. It was obviously a dumb play by Coburn, who was annoyed after Nik Antropov caught him in the face with his stick on a previous shift, drawing blood but no foul. But anything on top of the steep penalty he was assessed yesterday would be entirely unjustified.
The team also says that Randy Jones, who left yesterday's game with a "hip or groin" injury, will be out at least one week. Danny Syvret has been called up from the Phantoms.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money