Sep 11, 2009, 2:02 PM EDT
With the New Year's Day outdoor game against the Bruins at Fenway Park at the forefront of every Flyers' fan's mind already, the team has unveiled the jersey it will wear. They're solid white, with orange sleeves, black wrists, and a black nameplate with white lettering.
Pixely pics of the jerseys from the event after the jump, and hopefully some more on the way.
The Flyers had a few snipers shoot pucks into a block of ice that shielded the jersey, which I'm hoping we can hire them to do for our New Year's Eve party. We'll take shots off it, then shots at it!
The throwback-style jerseys have become big sellers for the teams who have played in previous Winter Classics, so you can be sure you'll see them at the Wachovia Center as soon as the season starts.
Courtesy of PhilaBright.com's Ryan Bright, we also have this picture of the back of the jersey.
What do you all think of the look for New Year's Day?
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money