Jan 12, 2009, 2:29 PM EDT
Eagles fans all across the country enjoyed yesterday’s dethroning of the reigning champions on their home turf. Our football foodie Mark may have enjoyed it just a bit more than the rest of us because he had this delicious meal to savor during the victory.
From Mark’s flickr page:
I went steakhouse classic here. Grilled (outside. Yes, I fired up the
Weber grill) New York strip that I sliced and laid atop some red potato
smashed potatoes (made with garlic, heavy cream, blue cheese and
crumbled smoked bacon). On the side, some crispy baked onion rings.
In the Chickie & Pete’s glass, Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale.
Needless to say, it all went down pretty smooth. I’m not really a
mashed/smashed potatoes fan, but, man, these were some of the best I’ve
ever had (can I say that about something I myself cooked?).
And with the Eagles laying a solid 23-11 win on the suddenly overrated
"NY" Giants, it went down even better. No repeat for you, Giant fans!
Goes down even better as you saw the "Ah Geeze" Eli Manning face and
the "Whattttt happened???" Tom Coughlin face.
Here’s to hoping we get to see what kind of feast Mark pulls out for the Super Bowl.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money