Dec 10, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
Give me some credit: I wrote the recap totally straight.
Now, if you’ll allow me, I gonna’ mark out just a little. Hey, deal with it.
Temple Student Rollouts
3. PPL Park Football Futbol Stadium
4. Nova Law can’t add points to This score
5. We want Karl Townes and Quenton Decosey (see below)
6. Villanova: Latin for Liar
7. Nova says jump, Big East asks how high?
8. This is our ciTy
Villanova Student Rollouts
Zero. For the second time in the last three years, they couldn’t be bothered to hop on the train for a Big 5 game. Keep selling out that Wells Fargo Center, guys. Someone go get Drexel, at least they care about local rivalries.
Townes in Attendance
Recruit Karl Townes took in the game with his friend Quenton Decosey, who has already committed to play his college basketball at Temple. Decosey, who noticed the rollout, reacted very positively by all accounts (I couldn’t actually see where he was sitting). Good work, though. Props to the Cherry Crusade for having their head on a swivel and planning in advance.
The Social Media Magic of Juan Fernandez
Imagine my surprise when I saw Juan Fernandez tweet about a rise in online jobs while watching him dribble a basketball during the game. The spammed tweet has since been deleted and Juan appears to have regained control of his account.
Just deplorable for both teams. Temple: 4-17. Villanova: 3-20 (0-9 in the second half).
Which Makes Yarou’s Minutes Played
…all the more puzzling. Wright claimed after the game that Yarou played only 19 minutes so that Villanova could better defend the Owls undersized lineup. In hindsight, given how Villanova shot itself out of the game, it was probably a mistake not to take some lumps on defense in order to have Mouph give out some lumps on offense. Wright willingly played the game Temple wanted, and it burnt him.
Jimmy Rollins in Attendance
Young James found himself a seat three rows behind the Temple bench. He found himself some sort of sandwich in the tunnels beneath the stands. He appeared to enjoy it. No comment on his future with the Phils.
Wright said his Wildcats were beat by a better team on Saturday. So Temple has a better football team and basketball team? No wonder ‘Nova doesn’t want them in the Big East.
If I haven’t baited any ‘Nova-heads into yelling at me in the comments, I’ll be disappointed.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money