Mar 14, 2005, 4:09 PM EDT
It has been somewhat dificult to get excited about the Phillies this spring for a number of reasons: Ed Wade’s lack of deals this off season, poor play early in Florida, questions surrounding David Bell’s back, Pat Burrell’s ability to get his swing back, and Corey Lidle. It’s very easy to get down on the Phillies, but you have to at least give them a chance. Gavin Floyd is something to be excited about. Peter Gammons writes about him in his top rookies to watch article.
Gavin Floyd, RHP, Phillies: At the end of last season, his velocity was down in the 80s. It’s back to 94, with the killer hammer. "I haven’t seen better stuff this spring," says one scout. "He’ll go right into that rotation, and his curveball is one of the best around."
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money