Sep 24, 2006, 9:21 AM EDT
Thunderous boos at a Phillies game can only mean two things in September 2006: a) Ryan Howard is being intentionally walked, or b) Pat Burrell just poked his head out of the dugout.
The words of commenter RickShuBlues over at Beerleaguer touched on two of the things I noticed while at Saturday’s victory over the Marlins.
Ryan Howard is getting all sorts of respect. He was intentionally walked twice. A tip of the hat to Jeff Conine who has been making teams pay for giving Howard a free pass.
First off, I think Pat Burrell stinks. Now that we got that out of the way. How can so many people boo
one of your own players with a week left in the season when you are fighting for a playoff birth. I just
don’t understand the thinking. I can understand if he comes up with the bases loaded and watches 3 strikes go by without budging, but booing the guy every time he comes to the plate?
Before any games are played on Sunday, the Phillies are in sole possesion of the wild card spot. Hopefully you are all enjoying this as much as I am. I’ll be at today’s series finale against Florida as well as Monday’s make up with Houston.
Let’s go Phils!
-Phils take wild card lead with 8-6 win [Inquirer]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money