Dec 29, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
For one brief moment, all was right in the universe. The Philadelphia Flyers had just tied the Edmonton Oilers in the third period with a Scott Hartnell goal off the two-man advantage, and Ilya Bryzgalov cracked. Luckily, it was captured forever in a brilliant GIF.
There really is no other way to describe this besides “Ilya Bryzgalov throws stick in the air as Flyers celebrate.” It’s exactly what it promises, so just sit back and drink it in.
GIF comes courtesy of the blog Puck Drunk Love.
As for the game itself, Bryzgalov was one of the primary reasons the Oilers were even in the game. He earned the third star, stopping 35 of 38 shots en route to a 4-3 shootout loss.
Edmonton only had 16 shots on goal, but obviously made them count. Steve Mason was in net for Philly.
Wayne Simmonds found the back of the net twice in the second period, as all three Flyers goals in regulation came on the power play. Claude Giroux slipped one through Bryz’s five-hole in the shootout, while Michael Raffl roofed a beauty in his first career attempt to steal the victory for orange and black. Video of the shootout below.
The Flyers were fortunate to get out of Edmonton with two points. It was their first road win in six tries.
>> Box Score [Yahoo!]
|aspohr89 on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money