Aug 14, 2006, 12:19 AM EST
In the sixth inning of Sunday’s loss to the wild card leading Reds, Brett Myers gave up back-to-back-to-back home runs. You don’t see that very often. Something else you don’t see very often is a major league ball player beating his wife in the middle of a public street. Apparently the transcripts of 911 calls made by witnesses have been released.
Inquirer: 911 calls describe Myers assault as vicious:
"There’s a guy like beating up his girlfriend," a woman told Boston’s 911 operators during the June 23 incident.
"I got a guy smacking a girl around right in front of the Hynes
Convention Center. She’s crying. She’s got no shoes on," a man
reported. "He’s a pretty big guy… and he’s hitting her hard."
After Sunday’s game Brett said he had no comment on the incident.
If nothing else it was an entertaining weekend of baseball in South Philly with three exciting games. Unfortunately for the Phils they came out on the losing end of the series. They had a great chance in both losses but like all Philly teams, they came up just a little bit short.
-Ryan Howard came up with big hits in all three games but a little short in a few big spots. People around the league are starting to really respect Howard. He was intentionally walked to load the bases on Friday night and was intentionally walked 3 times in the same game. I don’t know how many times over the weekend I said Ryan Howard is sick.
-Howard gaining respect [CourierPost]
-Beerleaguer booed. And all is right in the world. [Beerleaguer]
-This weekends series with the Reds got me to thinking about those 2 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck rookies I have. Turns out, those baseball cards aren’t worth so much. [SF Gate]
-Where in the world is Fabio Castro? [BS&S]
-Good to see Sal Fasano is still causing a ruckus with his mustache up in New York. [Deadspin]
-Photo above from the Inquirer.
And a bit of green for you:
-Trotter is fired up: "This is my MVP season" [Inqy]
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return