Feb 15, 2007, 3:39 PM EST
For the life of me, I can’t remember the last time I saw a Phillies commercial and thought, "Wow. That was a great commercial." I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Phillies new marketing campaign titled "Goosebumps" isn’t going to change that.
Ryan Howard gave Phillies fans goosebumps every time he stepped to the plate in 2006. The same goes for longtime announcer Harry Kalas, whose home run calls for Howard’s mammoth shots left fans with goosebumps.
It’s only natural that the Phillies began their spring advertising with a light-hearted campaign called "Goosebumps." The campaign, which debuted Thursday, features six television spots including first baseman Howard, last season’s National League Most Valuable Player, shortstop Jimmy Rollins, center fielder Aaron Rowand, pitcher Cole Hamels and manager Charlie Manuel.
Goosebumps? Are you serious? Anyone who has watched the Phillies the past few years would have likely opted for "Heart Burn and Head Aches."
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return